top of page
  • Writer's pictureElan Rysher

UK Nationals: Four Years Subclass 482 Visas Granted in All Occupations

UK nationals seeking opportunities in Australia can now benefit from longer visa periods on employer-sponsored visas.


The Department of Home Affairs is implementing the The Australian-United Kingdom Free Trade Agreement (A-UKFTA). The A-UKFTA entered into force on 31 May 2023. Some of its provisions relates to temporary employer-sponsored visas granted to UK nationals. In other words, the Temporary Skills Shortage (subclass 482) visa.

For most applicants, the subclass 482 visa period can be up to 2 years or up to 4 years, depending on the nominated occupation. Applicants with occupations on the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) are generally granted visa periods of up to 2 years.

A Welcome Change

In accordance with the A-UKFTA, subclass 482 visa can now be granted for a period of 4 years to citizens and permanent resident of the United Kingdom, regardless of their nominated occupation. This applies to intra-corporate transferees, independent executives, and contractual service suppliers.

This development marks a significant step forward in facilitating the movement of skilled workers from the UK to Australia, opening up new avenues for individuals and businesses alike.

Stay tuned for more updates on this and other immigration matters.

For more information please Contact Us or email

Elan Rysher is a Registered Migration Agent and Qualified Student Counsellor. He is the main Writer for ImmiUpdates and the founder of Rysher Migration. Elan has many years of experience working in immigration, finance and health. Being a former migrant himself, Elan is passionate about helping others fulfil their Australian dream.


Information (or the lack of it) contained in ImmiUpdates should not be relied on as immigration assistance or advice. ImmiUpdates expressly disclaim any liability, arising at law, in equity or otherwise, for any information published or not published in past, the present or future editions of the blog. People seeking immigration assistance should seek advice from a registered migration agent and those seeking legal advice should consult a lawyer. The copyright in the newsletter belongs to Rysher Migration Services and no part of the blog is to be reproduced by any means without the written consent of Rysher Migration Services.


Leave us a comment


Get the latest ImmiUpdates

Recent ImmiUpdates
bottom of page